|Sun 1:00 PM to Fri 4:00 PM|
|June 24 - 29th, 2018 (FULL)|
|July 8 - 13th, 2018 (FULL)|
|July 22 - 27th, 2018 (FULL)|
|July 29 - August 3rd, 2018 (FULL)|
|August 12 - 17th, 2018 (FULL)|
My daughter absolutely LOVED the camp and is very excited to return. She specifically mentioned how the instructors showed confidence and trust in her and her abilities and how that really made her feel capable and highly engaged.
Mother of Adia K. (13 year old camper)
My son said that he felt "whole" when he was at camp, spending time outdoors and making deep connections with staff and campers.
Christine W., Mother of 15 year old camper
My son absolutely loves this camp! Of all the ones he's attended the past couple of summers, this is by far his favorite. As a parent, I really appreciate the staff's attentiveness to his particular interests and finding ways to encourage and expand them.
Donna, mother of Levi (age 13)
I loved this camp and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Thanks to all the Wilderness awareness staff and volunteers, I will definitely be returning next year!
NOTE: Even though the programs are full, we encourage you to sign up for our waitlist as we do occasionally get drops.
Spend a week honing your ability to survive overnight in the wilderness! Learn to build a fire from friction, identify and harvest edible and medicinal plants, cook over open fire and coals, and sleep in a natural shelter you build yourself. Learn knife safety and experience awesome adventures off-trail. Connect with your fellow survivors as you make fish spears, tools, baskets or rope.
Recognized by Parent Map as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past seven years...
Wilderness Survival Overnight teaches survival skills while participants:
- Make primitive friction fire kits
- Cook over open fire and coals
- Sleep in a natural shelter they build
- Identify and harvest wild edibles
- Craft fish spears, tools, baskets or rope
- Learn the safe use of knives as tools
- Hunt and catch bull frogs
- Pursue mad adventures off-trail
- Connect with new friends
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals