|Sun 1 PM to Fri 4 PM|
|August 11 - 16th, 2019|
*Prerequisite - Wilderness Survival Overnight Camp or BowCraft Overnight.
WildCraft is designed for campers who have completed at least one week of Wilderness Survival or BowCraft Overnight and who enjoy focusing on crafting for extended periods of time. Gain hands-on skills using natural materials to create functional tools and gear. Spend time expressing your creativity through art and cultural creation. Past project options include: Cattail weaving, Cedar Baskets, One Legged Stools, Gourd Bowls, Wood burning, Cordage making, Salve Making, Spoon Carving, and Bone Knives.
Recognized by ParentMap as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past eight years!
WildCraft Overnight teaches advanced crafting skills. Participants will:
- Cook meals over open fire and coals
- Learn the safe and effective use of knives
- Craft gourd bowls, cedar spoons, cooking tools, baskets
- Learn the use of saws and axes
- Identify and harvest wild edibles
- Build skill with your bow drill friction fire kits
- Pursue fun adventures off-trail
- Connect with new friends
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals