|Sun 1 PM to Fri 4 PM|
|July 14 - 19th, 2019|
Here's what my daughter says; "I thought the experience was amazing. I loved learning about hiding and animals and intuition, and I definitely want to come back next summer. It made me so happy that the feeling has stuck with me. I learned some lessons about life that I will use my whole life."
Amy, mother of 13 year old camper
Such an amazing camp, filled with incredible, thoughtful people, and organized around such creative, fun, clever games and skill learning. Your camp is a truly special experience!
We were very impressed with the camp instructors. Our son's experience was very positive and we attribute that to the patience and sincere attention that the instructors gave to the campers. We couldn't more happy with what our son walked away from camp with. He had fun, pushed his abilities, made friends, gained confidence and became more aware of his natural surroundings.
Mother of 14 yr. old camper
Discover the ancient ways of the Scout! Develop the keen awareness and observation tools demonstrated by the ancient Scouts of many cultures. Learn how Scouts used their awareness of their surroundings to keep their people safe and healthy. Practice the arts of moving invisibly, dressing in camouflage, understanding bird language (the alarm system of the forest), tracking wildlife and human movement, and identifying wild, edible plants. During this week, Scout will work together with other Scouts to push themselves to learn and improve their skills. Those who enter the world of the Scout will likely never see nature the same way again!
Recognized by ParentMap as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past eight years!
Scout Adventure Overnight offers campers the opportunity to learn the arts of ancient Scouts while:
- Using camouflage and stealthy movement to move “invisibly” day and night
- Observing animals, day and night
- Decoding the language of birds
- Tracking animals
- Discovering edible and medicinal plants
- Playing stealth capture the flag
- Playing Jedi awareness games
- Challenging themselves on missions and scenarios
- Learning to honor the competition
- Enjoying wild adventures outdoors!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals