Ages 10 to 13
St Edward State Park, Cougar Mountain Park
“Thank you for a wonderful experience for my daughter. She had a wonderful time. Loved it!”– Jackie, mother of 12-year-old
“I’m so pleased with the consistent quality of this camp! My son has been attending for many years now and always wants to return.”– Bonnie L., mother of 11-year-old camper
Please Note: Our Ranger Skills camps are full for 2021. We recommend joining the waitlist for full camps, as we do get occasional openings.
Get your kids outside and help them activate their bodies and senses through exciting adventures in the forest! They will move silently and fluidly, learn the art of camouflage, and mimic wild animals. They’ll be free to run, jump, and engage in wild play in the woods, while learning safe and easy Nature Parkour techniques.
Campers will learn to calm their mind like a Jedi, move in rhythm with the forest like Aragorn, and explore the world as a Ranger!
Recognized by ParentMap as the best nature camp!
Campers will enjoy:
- Practicing stealth camouflage techniques to move unseen and unheard through the woods
- Learning to move like a wild animal
- Using imaginative play
- Practicing Nature Parkour exercises to build strength and flexibility
- Training in internal martial arts such as Tai Chi
- Honing their skills through missions and challenges
- Running around in the woods with new friends!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:8 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child’s respect for self, others, and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
|St Edward State Park||7/26-7/30 (full)|
|Cougar Mountain Park||8/9-8/13|
Please note that all classes at Wilderness Awareness School will require staff and participants to wear face coverings, practice social distancing, and have a health check at the start of each day. With all of this, we’re still confident that these workshops will remain potent experiences that deliver new skills, enrich perspectives, and deepen a connection to the natural world around us.