Ages 4 to 6
St Edward State Park, Cougar Mountain Park, Seward Park, Tolt MacDonald Park
My child adored the instructors at the Wilderness School. The camp gave him theMother of 5 year old camper
opportunity to get dirty and learn about nature freely with friends. I appreciated the attentiveness
and love that the instructors showed my camper. I am looking forward to sending him back next
This program should be integrated into public school K-12. What wilderness awarenessMother of 5 year old camper
school is teaching is essential to humanity and our ability to build and sustain respectful
community into adulthood.
Wilderness Awareness Camp was one of the most important and educational experiencesEthan Bryson (Father of 6 year old camper)
of my daughter’s life. After one week she gained self-confidence and a deeper sense of wonder
for the world around her.
Our son did much more than hike the park – he began to notice nature more deeply,Mary L. (Mother of 4.5 year old camper)
marveling at the whirls in tree bark and the patterns in a spider web.
Spend a week or more having fun in nature! Explore the world through hand-on activities, nature games, storytelling and songs. Discover mud, bugs and plants with new and returning friends, or bring a friend and create your adventures together.
Recognized by ParentMap as a winner for the best nature camp!
Your child will have fun in nature through
- Hands-on exploration
- Nature games, storytelling and songs
- Discovering mud, bugs, water, plants and animals
- Creative free play
Our instructional team features
- A 1:8 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child’s respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
NOTE: All children must be fully potty-trained to participate. This program is recommended over the full-day program for 6 year olds unless they have already done one or more years of Nature Explorer Camp.
|St Edward State Park||2021 Dates TBD|
|Cougar Mountain Park||2021 Dates TBD|
|Seward Park||2021 Dates TBD|
|Tolt MacDonald Park||2021 Dates TBD|