Wow! What a fantastic experience for her. Thank you. : ) What a really lovely group of people running the camp. : )
Maria Renninger, mom of 11 year old camper.
Love the curriculum and the emphasis on safety while still making it cool and fun for the kiddos.
Mother of 11 year old camper
Thank you for a wonderful experience for my daughter. She had a wonderful time. Loved it!
Jackie, mother of 12 year old
Am so pleased with the consistent quality of this camp! My son has been attending many years now and always wants to return.
Bonnie L. or Mom of 11 yo camper
NOTE: Even if a program is full, we encourage you to sign up for our waitlist as we do occasionally get drops.
Learn knife safety while carving a wooden spoon or walking stick. Have fun learning the craft of knot-tying and use what you've learned to construct a shelter. Challenge yourself while navigating missions, with and without the help of a compass. Recognized by Parent Map as the best nature camp seven years in a row...
Your child will learn and practice knife and knot skills while:
- Carving a wooden spoon or walking stick
- Creating useful tools using knots
- Building shelters with ropes, tarps and natural materials
- Navigating missions with and without a compass
- Experimenting with trap-building
- Enjoying wild adventures outdoors!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
|Cougar Mountain Park||July 9 - 13th, 2018 (Full)|
|St Edward State Park||July 23 - 27th, 2018|
|Seward Park||August 6 - 10th, 2018|