|Sun 1:00 PM to Fri 4:00 PM|
|August 5 - 10th, 2018 (FULL)|
This program allows young people to set a challenging goal -to make a bow and learn to use it- and then work hard until they have accomplished their goal. What a terrific way to spend a week!
- Parent of 13-year old camper
My camper is very proud of the bow she made. I like most the independence and confidence my camper came away with. She had a powerful experience in which she now trusts herself better.
- Mother of 13-year old participant
NOTE: Even though the program is full, we encourage you to sign up for our waitlist as we do occasionally get drops.
Spend a week crafting and shooting your own bow! Learn to build a wooden long bow from a board, use a knife and file, and develop traditional and instinctive archery skills. Learn Ranger skills and experience awesome adventures off-trail. Connect with your fellow archers as you craft tools and develop keen senses for hunting or survival.
Recognized by Parent Map as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past seven years...
Bow Craft teaches outdoor skills while participants:
- Make your own primitive longbows
- Learn and practice shooting techniques
- Develop instinctive shooting abilities
- Build the keen senses and awareness of the Ranger
- Craft throwing sticks, arrows, and bowstrings
- Learn the safe use of knives as tools
- Pursue fun adventures off-trail
- Connect with new friends
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
Campers will have access to our archery equipment while making their own bows. By the end of the week, each camper will have a new wooden bow to take home.