|Sun 1:00 PM to Fri 4:00 PM|
|August 5 - 10th, 2018|
My daughter absolutely LOVED the camp and is very excited to return. She specifically mentioned how the instructors showed confidence and trust in her and her abilities and how that really made her feel capable and highly engaged.
Mother of Adia K. (13 year old camper)
My son said that he felt "whole" when he was at camp, spending time outdoors and making deep connections with staff and campers.
Christine W., Mother of 15 year old camper
My son absolutely loves this camp! Of all the ones he's attended the past couple of summers, this is by far his favorite. As a parent, I really appreciate the staff's attentiveness to his particular interests and finding ways to encourage and expand them.
Donna, mother of Levi (age 13)
I loved this camp and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Thanks to all the Wilderness awareness staff and volunteers, I will definitely be returning next year!
Spend a week crafting and shooting your own bow! Learn to build a wooden long bow from a board, use a knife and file, and develop traditional and instinctive archery skills. Learn Ranger skills and experience awesome adventures off-trail. Connect with your fellow archers as you craft tools and develop keen senses for hunting or survival.
Recognized by Parent Map as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past seven years...
Bow Craft teaches outdoor skills while participants:
- Make your own primitive longbows
- Learn and practice shooting techniques
- Develop instinctive shooting abilities
- Build the keen senses and awareness of the Ranger
- Craft throwing sticks, arrows, and bowstrings
- Learn the safe use of knives as tools
- Pursue fun adventures off-trail
- Connect with new friends
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
Campers will have access to our archery equipment while making their own bows. By the end of the week, each camper will have a new wooden bow to take home.