10-Day Free Wild Wander Challenge
At this time, we're taking in a lot of information and facing the anxiety of the unknown. But in the face of this uncertainty, we invite you to focus on what we do know. What we know is that spending time outside can make all the difference. It can highlight gratitude, calm thoughts, and deepen breathing. Connecting with nature allows us to see that much of the world is unaffected by this virus; instead, nature is going through its annual shift from winter to spring, right on schedule.
So in this spirit of connecting further with nature, please join us for a challenge. This Wild Wander Spring Challenge will guide you through ten days of prompts that expand and deepen the way in which you observe and engage with nature. You can participate by joining our Wilderness Awareness School Challenge Facebook group and following the prompts, or you can sign up below to receive these prompts via email. This challenge will run from April 3rd through April 12th.
In this challenge, you'll be guided by our very own Registrar, Susan Wepking. Susan is a Pacific Northwest native and devoted naturalist, with deep love for the landscape here and of the desert southwest. Her sit spot and wild wandering practices are instrumental in how she connects with nature on a daily basis, and she can't wait to share with you her methods of observing and connecting with the natural world around us.
- To be fully present in your body and senses
- To follow your curiosity and connect with the wild beings near your home
- To fully experience the blossoming of spring
- Begins April 3rd and runs through April 12th
- No Cost
- Can be done anywhere, from the woods to the heart of the city.
- Whether you've never wandered in your life, or do it daily, this challenge is for you
- Invite friends and family to take the challenge with you!
We offer two ways to participate in this challenge:
- The first is our email list which will give you all the information you will need to get started, as well as a daily email to deepen your experience and help you stay motivated.
- The second opportunity is our private Facebook group where you can share your challenges and exciting experiences with other participants while being guided through the daily prompts. Joining the group is not required for the challenge, just a fun way to connect and interact with others. Click here to join the Wilderness Awareness School Challenge Group!
Both options are completely free. Sign up below for the email list, we will send directions in your first email to sign up for the Facebook group.
Wilderness Awareness School is a non-profit nature connection school committed to helping children and adults cultivate healthy relationships with nature, community and self. We are based in the foothills of the Cascade mountains about 45-minutes outside of Seattle, WA. Through nature connection and cultural mentoring, we provide transformational experiences that awaken people's unique gifts, deepen their relationship with nature, and empower them to enrich the health of their communities.